You know you work in Sponsorship when…
1. You have too many creative ways to say “sponsorship”
2. Your kids’ names are grassroots and experiential
3. You use terms like IP, property, leverage and activation all the time
4. Intangible somehow becomes tangible in your mind
5. You have an encyclopedia of adjectives to describe your property
6. You’re sick and tired of people asking for a blanket ROI formula (FYI: there still isn’t one)
7. Your friends and family have no clue what you do for a living and they think IEG is a bank
8. Patience has become a key virtue and your skin is thicker than an alligator (sales specific)
9. You spend more time watching sponsors than the game itself
10. You still love what you do
Something missing? Would love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and fill in the blank “you know you work in sponsorship when _____________”
Tyler, I laughed out loud – you hit the nail on the head! Trying to explain what I do to people outside of our industry in the form of an elevator pitch requires me to work in really tall buildings. I believe my mother still thinks I do work for a bank – it is just easier that way.
I enjoyed your other top 10 lists as well. Keep em coming!
When the production director and marketing director cringe when you say ” I have an idea”
Love this!! And I can’t agree more!! I particularly like the #7.. have stopped trying to explain to my family what I am doing 🙂 and have stopped listening to them telling me to get a decent job!! LOL!! I love sponsorship!!
Pingback: Working 9 to 5: You know you work in Sponsorship when… | brandnewsports
Pingback: Mazereeuw’s Guide to Selling More #Sponsorship in 2014 – Part 2/2 « Sponsorship Alliance